As a leading provider of medication and supply management solutions and adherence tools for health care systems and pharmacies, Cranberry-based Omnicell Inc. offers an extensive collection of products, software and services.
The Omnicell platform leverages automation and predictive analytics to fully automate and facilitate medication management across the continuum of care, including storage, dispensing and sterile compounding. Omnicell’s solutions are designed to optimize pharmacy workflow, as well as provide actionable information to pharmacists, allowing them to reallocate time to patient interactions and enhance patient-pharmacist communications. Some of what Omnicell brought to the recent American Society of Health System Pharmacists meeting includes:
• XR2 Automated Central Pharmacy System, which automates critical workflows to maximize inventory control, help improve efficiency and increase medication safety.
• IVX Workflow and i.v.STATION™, workflow and robotic sterile compounding solutions designed to enhance patient safety, dose accuracy, and compliance while reducing costs.
• Performance Center™, a complete enterprise software solution with ongoing expert services to proactively monitor pharmacy operations and recommend actions for improved efficiency, regulatory compliance and patient outcomes.
• XT Series Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinets that help improve workflow efficiency, medication accountability and patient safety through the latest hardware technology and smart software features.
• XT Anesthesia Workstation™, which gives anesthesia providers instant access to medications while ensuring the pharmacy of tighter control in the operating room. This automated system securely stores all the medications and supplies needed for a full day of cases in one place and automatically tracks inventory used.
• Interoperability with key electronic health record (EHR) systems that allow hospital staff to perform many cabinet functions within the EHR and automatically identifies variances between medications dispensed from the cabinet versus medications documented as administered and/or wasted, saving significant time.
• Omnicell Analytics, easy-to-use, web-based diversion analytics software that transforms real-time data into actionable insights to help detect potential drug diversion more efficiently.
“Our comprehensive approach to medication management is designed to not only maximize pharmacists’ time for clinical activities, but to do so in a way that has a positive impact on patient safety,” said Nhat H. Ngo, Executive Vice President, Marketing, Strategy, and Business Development at Omnicell.